LOS ANGELES, Sept. 18, 2018 – HBO received 23 Primetime Emmy® Awards, tied for the most wins this year, and the most Emmys® for the 17th year in a row, in the 70th Annual Primetime Emmy® Awards competition. “Game of Thrones” led all programming with 9 Emmys® and now has 47 Emmys® overall, the most wins ever by a comedy or drama series.
- HBO’s Emmy® wins this year include:9 Emmys® for GAME OF THRONES, including: Outstanding Drama Series; Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage); Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes; Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special;Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score); Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Period or Fantasy Program (One Hour or More); Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour); Outstanding Special Visual Effects; and Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series or Movie.
- 4 Emmys® for LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER, including: Outstanding Variety Talk Series; Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series; Outstanding Interactive Program; and Outstanding Picture Editing for Variety Programming.
- 4 Emmys® for WESTWORLD, including: Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Thandie Newton); Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media Within a Scripted Program; Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series; and Outstanding Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic).
- 3 Emmys® for BARRY, including: Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Bill Hader); Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Henry Winkler); and Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation.1 Emmy® for “The Magical Wand Chase: A Sesame Street Special”: Outstanding Children’s Program.
- 1 Emmy® for “The Number on Great-Grandpa’s Arm”: Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation.
- 1 Emmy® for THE ZEN DIARIES OF GARY SHANDLING: Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special.
Catch up with HBO’s Emmy®-winning programming on HBO GO, HBO On Demand and partners’ streaming platforms.