The complete “Sex and the City” series will be available on HBO Max starting on June 29th and soon after AND JUST LIKE THAT… the return of the iconic friends will be also be available
The hit series SEX AND THE CITY celebrates 23 years since it premiered its first episode on the small screen. The renowned quartet from the series breaks the paradigms of woman starting with fashion as one of its focal points. This series explores female empowerment from the beginning of time and the struggle of women as it relates to powerful professional careers, abortion, infertility and masturbation. These are just some of the taboo subjects that help portray the image of single and successful women.
Available this year will be the new season of AND JUST LIKE THAT…, the resurgence of these friends from New York - Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), Miranda (Cynthia Nixon), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and the newest addition, Che Díaz (Sarah Ramirez).
Here are ten quotes from the series that lead us to reflect on female empowerment:
- “I want to enjoy my success, nor apologize for it.”- Miranda
- “I love you…but I love me more.” - Samantha
- “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.” - Carrie
- "Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking you time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with." – Carrie
- "How many men is too many men?" - Carrie
- "Sexy is what I try to get them to see me as after I win them over with my personalities." – Miranda
- "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous. " – Carrie
- "Sometimes, as much as I love Brady, being a mother just isn’t enough. I miss my job." - Miranda
- "Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them.” - Carrie
- "I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever and blow whomever I want as long as I can breathe - and kneel.” - Samantha